Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout: 44-Min Upper Body Strength Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

We have another free workout for you today! If you’re a fan of splitting your upper and lower body training, then you will enjoy this upper body-focused routine:

Strictly Strength Upper Body Circuits

In this workout, the only (optional) jumping occurs during the warm-up, but the circuit style training format will keep your breathing and heart rate elevated as you alternate between push and pull exercises in each circuit. Circuit training is a great fit for time-crunched days during which you want to cover multiple muscle groups in a single workout. The exercises included in this workout are straightforward; however, the sequencing and formatting of these exercises increases the difficulty level of the routine (in addition to your weight selections). The write-up contains several tips to prepare you for the workout!

A fun fact about this workout: This video is the second time I filmed the routine. My mic cut out about twenty seconds in during my first attempt, so I had to swap out the batteries and immediately re-film the workout. I was dodging lawn care and didn’t want to postpone filming until the next day when I knew for sure there would be lawn mowers and hedge trimmers rolling through the apartment complex. My fear of lawn care machinery was greater than my fear of being unable to complete the workout again. I either have a very high level of confidence or I need to reconsider my priorities. (Side note: I was right! The leaf blowers were on the premises the very next day. It was a very windy day. Nature versus machines. Nature won.)

If you’re looking for a little extra to make your workout session roundup to an hour without overworking the same muscles, pair this workout with Kelli’s At Home Abs Workout – Fun Core Exercises for Toning and Functional Strength. Make sure to include some extra stretching in the day(s) following this routine – I found that my soreness did not settle in until the following day so make sure to keep moving and tend to areas with any extra stiffness.

I hope you enjoy the workout! Scaption and the Sphinx Press-Ups are my favorite exercises of the routine. Ok, this isn’t true. This was just my last attempt to convince myself that I liked them. But maybe you will like them!

See you on the screen!

-Tasha