Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Barre-Inspired Total Body and Core

Good morning, FB family!

What’s on your To-Do list this weekend?

Heading into mine with a full holiday shopping list that consists of monster trucks, construction vehicles, and “hoot sacks” (fruit snacks). But, first, I want to kick off an early start with a brand new DPT-led workout, HIIT style. 

Barre-Inspired Total Body and Core Workout to Tone and Lift

Dust off your ballet slippers (or favorite socks) and get ready for this low impact, ballet-inspired workout, barre not included. In this workout, you’ll go through a full warm-up before launching into three circuits that are designed to tone, lift, and sculpt your entire body. We won’t be repeating exercises and the circuit lengths vary, making this a true Bored Easily workout. I also snuck in a quick Tabata circuit, just to spice things up!

Most of us are aware of the benefits of ballet, but what about its relationship to physical wellness? Ballet moves do more for your body than just tone, lift, and strengthen. Many of them take your joints through their full (or available) range of motion, which is ideal for functional range conditioning. Plus, ballerinas are known for unparalleled control and coordination, especially when you combine upper and lower body movements with trunk (torso) support. 

I hope you enjoy this video as much as I did planning and filming it! You’ll notice that I wore sneakers in the video, but feel free to try barefoot for an added challenge to your foot and calf muscles.

Enjoy your workout, and I’ll see you next week.

- Kayla