HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 16th

Hello Blenders.

First of all, as it’s the most important: how are you today? And what are you doing today?

“The greatest sources of our suffering are the lies we tell ourselves.” – Elvin Semrad

The quote above I read in the book I’m currently studying. Some nice light reading before bed about how trauma works.

When I posted my silly short story about my run in the PP thread Tuesday I thought everyone would know immediately that I was “horsing around”, like Holden Caulfield would put it. It made me realize that, in the eyes of other people (at least people who don’t know me in real life), I might be viewed as less of an incapable Eeyore than I view myself. Which brings me to the quote. I view myself as a realist, but maybe sometimes (sometimes!) I’m restricting myself with my beliefs of what I can do. Is this something you struggle with yourself?

I am writing something short, hoping it will entertain both you and myself. I'll post it when it's ready, but I wanted to start the thread already in case anyone wanted to post.

Have a sunny day. 🦚

---------

Today I forced myself to go to the stores to see if I could buy a certain Christmas present there. It was lovely, sunny weather, like a good fall day. I had been feeling lonely and thought a little trip like this might lift my spirits somewhat. I noticed my shoelaces had become untied and stopped to take care of this. When I got back up, it felt like I got smacked in the head with something. Feeling dizzy, I looked around to see what had hit me and you won’t believe what I saw.

It was Mr. Eros, carrying a heron.

He also wore a hat and a trenchcoat. Oh, and a bowtie! Yes, a bowtie.

“I never thought I’d see you again,” he said, “Why did you never contact me anymore after our run? YOU KNOW WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER!” After this he started crying hysterically, almost dropping the heron. I won’t lie, it was delicious to hear that accent again. But this outburst made me reconsider his perfection. I had refrained from running with him again, or even eating churros with him again, because I could not believe a man like that could be interested in me. (Even though I do wear visually appealing running outfits, if I do say so myself.) After all, he could not be some kind of real-life Maxim de Winter, asking me out of the blue to live with him in his castle? Things like that didn’t happen, not to me. There were no men like that!

“Wait a minute. What’s up with the heron?” I asked, as the troubled (and therefore unable to discuss my conflicted feelings with him) heroine of this story. “I can’t tell you! And I do not trust you anymore! You hurt me terribly!” he cried.

“I am sorry. It’s complicated! You seemed too good to be true. I did not know what to do…” I babbled.

[To be continued.]

Edited