Reflecting on achievements

Hello hello everyone!

We're pretty much near the end of the year and all I'm going to say is oh my gosh time does fly!!!

I sat down with a nice cup of tea last night and I was thinking about this year in terms of victories about working out. I've had a pretty tough year in terms of my health so workouts have been all over the place. Some months I didn't work out once, one month I could do 5 workouts within a week and some weeks I could only do one. But you know what I just thought? I don't care if I could only do 1 workout in an entire month that in itself is an achievement! I managed to get up, move around and feel good when I could and that's the main thing. In all honesty I kind of needed this pep talk to myself because I've felt a bit guilty for not working out but that's not my fault. I actually did the right thing and worked out when I felt like I could and didn't force myself to do it when I didn't want to.

I've managed to stay consistent to my weekly walks but that's mainly because I use walking as my main way of travelling but even then that's amazing because it's movement! The past couple of weeks I've been a bit upset because I managed to get back to my regular strength training after months of not being able to do it and now I've become a bit sick. I unfortunately caught a bit of a stomach bug 2 weeks ago and now I've been suffering from a very strange cold. Honestly I tend to just have a runny nose and cough when I have a cold but now it's turned into a headcold and I've just been so tired it's unreal so if I were to have worked out on top of that......it would be a recipe for disaster 😅.

I think the main thing about this post is, take care of your body even if you feel like your doing absolutely nothing because there's always going to be times when you need to just reset yourself. I personally like to live an active lifestyle because it makes me feel good but this year has taken a bit of a different turn for me and you know what, that's fine. I'd rather have the rest that my body needs rather than over working it to only cause further issues.

And with that I shall end this post!

What have been some of your achievements this year? I'd love to know 😊