HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 11th🛋️

Hello Blendfriends, and welcome to Saturday. I'm planning on a very cozy Saturday, as the world is currently iced over and I don't really want to go sliding around out there!

I got in some healthy movement, though, from my workout! I'm trying to ramp up my workouts on days when I have a little more time, so I started my day with a sweaty gem of a level 4 by Kelli: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/lower-body-strength-hiit-workout-with-dumbbells-step-and-resistance-band Banded Pilates, quick HIIT, strength on a step. While I'm super proud of getting through such a challenging workout, I am just as proud of the upper-body workout I did yesterday with light weights, because that's what my body was able to do yesterday. I love that this site encourages us very strongly to listen to our body -- of course Kelli said that at the beginning of the workout, "Listen to your body, but challenge yourself."

So, to that quote, I will add a thought for the day: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” (Eleanor Roosevelt) I am anti-competitive. I'm a bit of a klutz and have always been small (shortest kid in the class, last one picked for sports, etc.), so I've never wanted to compete with anyone but myself, anyways, but I have gotten to a place where I know that it is okay to build back my strength if it has ebbed a bit.

So now that I'm feeling all accomplished from actually working out, I'll ease back in to my cozy Saturday. I'm thinking I'll do a load of laundry, and make some chocolate pumpkin muffins. Any great plans on your end? Or just a slazy Saturday with a puzzle or a good book?