Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 55-Min Weighted Supersets with Bodyweight Strength

Good morning FB Family!

We’ve made it halfway through the week, I can’t believe it! You’re probably either charging full speed ahead or in need of a little energy boost to make it to Friday. Hopefully, today’s workout release will serve as a mid-week pick-me-up for you:

Total Body Weighted Supersets with Bodyweight Strength Circuits

It’s a long one (55 minutes, woohoo!) but the variety within the format will keep you engaged from the warm-up to the double thumbs up at the end of the workout. Supersets are a time-efficient approach to strength training, minimizing the recovery intervals between sets to maintain an elevated heart rate and pack in a lot of movement in a short amount of time.

Each superset in this workout contains a lower body and upper body move. During the lower body exercises you will practice time under tension with half-way pulse formatting. The upper body portion of each superset increases muscle time under tension by focusing on movement variations that recruit agonist muscle groups (prime movers). The Bodyweight Circuits have a similar focus to the Supersets but also include an isometric core-centric exercise. Review the write-up for additional information on the perks of this particular style of supersets training as well as how the Bodyweight Circuits increase the challenge of the workout.

Nicole’s latest workout release, Low-Impact Bodyweight Cardio Intervals, pairs well with this workout! I recommend completing the workouts on separate days and paying attention to how the exercises in each workout complement each other. Also, how exciting is it to see a new face and even more content?

I’m attempting to plow through a lot of video editing this week with a pug on my lap who insists that my elbow crease is a pillow. The good news? This dog is like a mini furnace, so I don’t need as many socks or blankets to keep warm. The bad news? We’re both in a battle for my arm – I need it to type and apparently, she needs it to sleep.

Let us know what you think about the workout! I know many of you are rolling through the FB Full Fusion Challenge right now. This workout will be waiting for you whenever you’re ready to tackle it! Listen to your mind and body and don’t feel rushed to squeeze it into an already packed schedule (unless you choose to swap out a workout or two).

Jonathan and I will see you on the screen!

-Tasha