Perspiration Pals 8 December 2021

Hello there Pals! I haven’t been very active in the community, unless we count those short posts recounting my incredibly exciting everyday life. I do miss talking to you every day but right now even keeping a civil tongue in my head feels like an almost insurmountable challenge so when I’m not a host, I need to lurk a bit. I hope you’ll understand. Today’s topic is going to be a bit unusual because my mini lifebook tells me it’s Pretend to Be a Time Traveller Day. All right.

"I’ve been living in this strange time period for a while now and after the initial shock of finding myself in the future I’m settling into everyday life. I thought horse-drawn carts were noisy. I thought steam locomotives were noisy. Markets were noisy. Oh, my dear friends in my time you can’t imagine the noise I have to suffer here! The only refuge I have is music. Some of these noise-making machines can also play music! I can listen to music any time I wish to. Just imagine not needing an orchestra to listen to Mozart! They still play Mozart! Isn’t that amazing and peculiar at the same time?

In this world, I’m allowed to wear comfortable clothes and I can do exercise without people telling me to slow down before I make myself sick. Women are allowed AND even encouraged to lift weights! I have tried it and I’m strong! I can lift heavy things and put them down again. I can run, I can skip, hop and jump! It is so liberating!

I must go now, I’m afraid. There are still so many things I have to discover."