Recipes from my weekend eats

Hi FB Fam. Hope y'all are doing well this Monday. I have some good news - yesterday, I tackled my first intense workout in months, and my ankle and wrist were not in pain or even discomfort by the end! So happy to experience this after months of PT and injuries. I did Kelli's Lower Body Strength & HIIT Workout with Dumbbells, Step, and Resistance Band, which I absolutely loved. More of these please!

Anyway, I made some yummy food yesterday and would like to share the recipes. You can see the photo here if you like: https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/28436/outdid-myself-with-this-lunch

By the way, I used my instant pot to make all but the mac 'n cheese recipe, but happy to share stove top directions if anyone would like them.

STEAMED BEETROOT (Instant Pot)

1 beetroot, any size, peeled and diced

Highly recommend wearing gloves while peeling unless you love having beet stains on your hands!

Put the diced beets in a steamer basket in your instant pot and pressure cook at high for 0 minutes with a manual release after 5 minutes, or for 1 minute at high pressure with a quick release.

That's it. I like them just like this, no seasoning or anything, but feel free to add seasoning if you like. You do you, boo!

BBQ BAKED BEANS (Instant Pot)

1/2 onion, diced

1 small carrot, diced

1 celery rib, diced

3 cups cooked white beans

liquid smoke (I like mine very smoky so use 1/2 tbsp)

smoked paprika (1 tbsp)

onion powder (1/2 tbsp)

molasses (1 tbsp, I prefer blackstrap)

Your favorite BBQ rub/seasoning (1 tbsp, I use BBQ 101 from Trader Joe's)

1 cup unsweetened ketchup or 1/2 cup tomato paste

1 vegetable bouillon cube or 1 tsp paste

water

Set IP to saute function. Add diced onion, carrot, and celery, and a spritz of oil spray. Saute until veggies are caramelized. Add the rest of the ingredients along with enough water to just cover the beans. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes with a quick release. If it's too soupy for your liking, mash up some of the beans with the back of a spoon, and return to saute setting to evaporate the excess liquid.

If it's not BBQ-y enough, add more of the BBQ seasoning, liquid smoke, and smoked paprika.

If it's not sweet enough, add more molasses.

If it's too oniony for you, eliminate the onion powder.

GARLICKY GREENS (Instant Pot)

16 oz of your favorite greens (I used a blend of collard, turnip, mustard, and kale)

1 cup water or vegetable broth

1 tsp bouillon paste or bouillon cube if using water (skip if using vegetable broth)

liquid smoke (1 tbsp)

smoked paprika (1 tsp)

garlic and herb seasoning blend (1 tbsp) or minced garlic (1 tbsp, more if you measure with your heart) and dried parsley

salt and pepper to taste

optional: your favorite hot sauce, vinegar

Put 1 cup of water or broth at the bottom of the instant pot. Add liquid smoke, smoked paprika, garlic and herb seasoning, and greens. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with natural release. Add salt, pepper, hot sauce, and vinegar to taste.

Pumpkin Mac 'N "Cheese"

1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)

6 tbsp raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained

6 tbsp nutritional yeast

1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp smoked paprika

pinch of mustard powder or squirt of your favorite mustard

1/2 tbsp miso

3/4 cup unsweetened milk of your choice, I used cashewmilk

2 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch

6 oz pasta of your choice, something like macaroni works well

1/2 cup breadcrumbs

Blend first 11 ingredients in a blender and blend up. Cook pasta to al dente. Mix pumpkin sauce with pasta in a baking dish, cover with breadcrumbs, cook at 400* for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 10-15 and serve!