HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 2nd

Good morning, afternoon or evening everyone,

“Allow yourself to be proud of yourself and all the progress you’ve made. Especially the progress no one else can see.” – Unknown

For today, I have written about how I’ve been doing this week underneath; for who’s interested - I don’t want to make this all about me, but I also wanted to share this.

How are you doing today? Is the weather as unpredictable as here? Doing December-y things or sticking to your normal schedule? I like to hear from you. 🌼

---------------------------------------------------

I haven’t been around much here lately because I still have not recovered from my cold, therefore very little exercise. Luckily, I was able to visit the hospital yesterday for my appointment (did another covid test beforehand so I could attend with a clear conscience). Entering the building and walking around there was a task on its own, as this is the same hospital my dad was brought to the night I had to call the ambulance, and I have visited him there twice. It is amazing how the body responds when faced again with something that’s connected to troublesome memories. I passed the courtyard where my dad, mom, brother and I had stood talking in May. My dad in his pajamas; I had to bring his shoes so he could wear those outside. Because of covid my brother and I weren’t allowed to visit our dad upstairs, but he wanted to see us (and we him, of course) so my mom accompanied him to the hall.

It still surprises me that it’s not hard to run into a doctor who seems a bit odd in their behaviour. Some doctors may be very skilled in their profession, but making a patient feel at ease is part of the job too. I spoke to 4 different people, and had to explain 4 times that no, I did not have a job currently. Explaining what causes me stress, which is a big part of the problem I went to the hospital for, is complicated. I have a huuuuge backpack 😵 Anyway, they are going to pester my GP to see if there is anything that she can do to help me with my issues (I suggest intensive cat therapy...), and I have another appointment in a few months. I have mixed feelings about this.

---------------------------------------------------

I wish everyone a good day with hopefully some sunshine.

As always, everyone is free to post what they like here.