Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: HIIT-Structured Lower Body Core Pilates Routine

Hi FB Family!

I am so excited to introduce my first Pilates routine! It's fast-paced, but you get three intervals to perfect each move.

HIIT-Structured Lower Body Core Pilates Routine for Strength and Stability

I have been practicing Pilates for 15 years, and it has become a staple in my life, personally and professionally.

Around this time last year, I had knee surgery and could not be as active as I wanted to be. However, I was able to do some mat Pilates, so I incorporated that into my rehab, and it helped me immensely! By the time I was able to do some squats and lunges, my core and hip muscles were ready for the challenge because of the Pilates exercises I had been doing. Find more Pilates-inspired routines here.

Earlier in my physical therapy career, I used Pilates methods and exercises in my patients' treatment plans. It didn't matter what body part I treated because Pilates could be beneficial for all of them.

I am a firm believer that our core is the foundation from which we move. A strong, sturdy foundation gives us strong, sturdy movement in our arms and legs. Conversely, a sloppy, weak foundation will provide us with sloppy, weak movement. Think about it and try this out: the next time you open a heavy door or go upstairs, engage your lower abdominal muscles while exhaling. It should feel a little easier.

I hope you enjoy this workout. I had fun creating it and filming it, so let me know if you have fun doing it!. As always, thanks so much for working out with me.

-Amanda