New direction: a bit overwhelmed

Hi,

I decided that it was time to prioritize my health after feeling not well on and off over the last year. It was nothing serious, but I felt "off" at least two to three times a week. I decided it was time to get some guidance to get healthier.

I'm 18 days into the keto diet (functional health doctor recommended for three months and then a hybrid) to help with my blood sugar, sugar cravings, and weight loss. As a dessert connoisseur, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm not craving sugar. I'm enjoying the food and mostly feel satisfied, but sometimes I am hungry within two hours of eating. However, I heard that this will change soon. I'm also sleeping much better.

However, my workouts are suffering. I'm completely confused about what I should be doing because after trying to do a HIIT workout (the doctor said this is better for weight loss) and I do love HIIT, but within 12 minutes I was out of breath and felt sick.

I want my body to get stronger and leaner, but I feel like I'm going backward with my workouts. I'd love to work out five days a week but I just can't seem to do it anymore. I'm barely getting in three workouts a week. I can feel self-doubt creeping in, but I don't want to give up.

I'd love some advice. Am I expecting too much too soon? Not pushing hard enough. I'd love to hear about anyone else's experience with making changes to a healthier lifestyle.