A better week

Hello FB Family!

I wish I could say that this week was less hectic, but I can’t. What I can say, is that I felt a little stronger, and I felt up to a lot more movement.

I filmed a new foam rolling workout, and I have enjoyed both a lower and upper body strength training workout this week. I also had a number of “one person dance parties”, where I turned on my favorite music and moved in any way that I felt like (shout out to Kimberlee, who mentioned doing the same in an inspiring post earlier this week). I highly recommend it - I swear that it’s so therapeutic & good for stress. It’s honestly one of my favorite coping tools.

My biggest objective with my post last week, in sharing my own struggles, is encouraging people to believe that there is space for movement in even the toughest times of life & health. The most important thing is that you are willing to really scale (I mean, really, really scale) the intensity and difficulty level in order to match your mood, and your physical needs. All this to say, never underestimate rest, either 😉

I am looking forward to the weekend. I’m thinking I’ll tackle at least a Kayla or Amanda (physical therapy focused) video on both Saturday and Sunday, and see if they naturally lead to longer workouts, based on how I’m feeling (I often find “just 5 minutes” of responsible movement often turns into ~30 minutes of sweating!) .

What are your workout plans? Are you taking it easy or do you have your eyes set on a tackling a new workout? Wishing you all a good weekend 🙂