Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Nothing But Balance Routine for Day-to-Day Movement

Hi FB Family-

I hope your week is going well! Thanks for all the great comments and feedback on my previous workouts and all the ideas for new workouts! Here is my newest release:

Nothing But Balance Routine for Day-to-Day Movement

While no one has specifically asked me for this routine, my PT brain wanted to create it. This workout is all about balance. Balance is required in everything we do on a day-to-day basis. Sustaining an injury anywhere from your low back down to your foot/ankle can affect your balance. So whether your goal is injury recovery or prevention, improving your balance can be beneficial.

Balance is something that will vary day-to-day. It is incredible how you can be as still as a statue one day, but the next, you're wobbly. That can be frustrating and might make you want to avoid balance exercises altogether. But like most things in life, practice makes perfect.

As we age, our balance declines. That's a natural part of the aging process. However, if we added a few balance exercises to our workouts now, could we potentially prevent falls in our older age? I would say, "Definitely!"

My favorite exercise in this routine is probably the Marching with Head Turns. It's challenging for me, and the sense of satisfaction I get when I can do it without toppling over is pure motivation that I take into my next workout.

I hope you enjoy this routine and find ways to sprinkle it into your workouts. Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda

P.S. I call these out in the workout write-up, but if you want to learn a bit more about balance, take a look at these articles from my DPT colleague, Kayla - Understanding the Vestibular System: Vestibular Rehabilitation, Function, and Exercises and 11 Activities That Will Improve Your Proprioception in 30 Days.