Musings (Mom) 😊

I must admit, I love the holiday season. Christmas, in particular. 💕

It was the day before Christmas 2017, and my mom came to accept the Lord. While it marked a month before her passing, it was the start of a newfound sense of calm. Her demeanor changed, for the better; and, while her physical pain did not cease, she was at peace. She passed away, at home, with a smile on her face.

It is difficult to come to grips with the fact she has been gone for nearly 4 years. Thankfully, most of the sorrow has been replaced by joy; a joy that is due to the wonderful memories we shared. 🌷

I count myself as immensely blessed. Not only did I get to call her my mom, but she and dad chose me as their daughter.

I was fostered at 8 months of age, given a death sentence, and put into hospice. Even with that grim diagnosis, they still chose to care for me for whatever time I had left. I was officially adopted at 4 years of age.

As a family, we took yearly vacations (including Hawaii and DisneyWorld), went camping (our favorite spot is on the Oregon Coast), hiked our property (we had picnics), and just spent quality time together.

While dad is rather serious, mom was a prankster!

There was the time, (okay, times), where mom would roll down the window of the car, stick her head out of said window, and “baa” at the sheep. Mind you, this was on school property (high school, no less) during dropoff. Funny now 🤣, but then 😬. *no, she was not crazy.*

She was an amazing mother, wife, sister, nurse, and friend. She put her heart and soul into everything she did.

I do not know how many days, months, or years I have left on this Earth, but I longingly await the day when our family is reunited. 💕

Life is precious, and goes by in an instant. Cherish the moments. Cherish the memories.

I love you mom. 🌷