Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

week 44 goal evaluation

It’s my birthday this week (friday)! I still get excited about that :)

My friend did so well last week, I did not have to act as her sugarbuddy once. I am inspired by her determination to take care of herself and her restraint..

My lunches also went well, I had lots of snack veggies. It is easier when I am at work than when I am at home because I have more structure at work, but it went well enough at home.

I did Kayla’s stretching video last week (unconventional stretches for back pain) and in it was a stretch you can do while seated in a chair (Seated piriformis stretch with forward reach). I have been doing that one at work, while I talk to the kids. I want to try and teach myself to do that stretch whenever I make a new appointment (once each half hour, 8-14 times a day). I just did the hip stretches video, but those are a bit hard to incorporate during the day because they are all done on the ground.

I got another James Clear (atomic habits) newsletter the other day and in it was this question that I thought fitted my goals / habits:

“Look around the rooms where you spend the most time. What behavior does this space encourage? How can you set things up to make your good habits easier?”

This week I want to focus on doing the seated piriformis stretch each half hour at work.

Bring healthy snacks to work. I used to be better at not snacking as much when I did the mealplan. Then I tried to figure out why, it was because it had 2 snack moments during the day that really kept me full and stopped me from snacking wildly and often. So: eat 2 healthy snacks, 1 between breakfast and lunch and 1 between lunch and dinner.

Celebrate my 41st birthday!!

Bouldering climbing competition finale on saturday, my goal is to climb as many grade 4 problems to the top, and reach the zones for ones that I can’t top..

How did you all do this week? And what are your plans for this week?