Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout: 36-Min Descending Intervals Bodyweight HIIT Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

No equipment is needed for this new free workout other than your body! Although challenging, you can tailor this cardio-focused HIIT workout for your specific needs and training goals:

Descending Intervals Bodyweight HIIT Circuits

There are two circuits, five exercises apiece, repeated three times. Your goal is to increase your intensity efforts as your intervals of work decrease with each subsequent round. Your longest interval of work is 35 seconds. Your shortest interval of work is 15 seconds. Your recovery time between exercises remains the same each round – 15 seconds. Aim to maintain high levels of intensity despite the accumulating fatigue each round!

I was super sweaty while filming this routine and had to search for dry spots to safely complete the exercises. Bring a towel if you happen to sweat buckets like me! As mentioned in the write-up, make sure to complete the warm-up before jumping into the circuits. The benefits of HIIT training are numerous, including increased caloric expenditure in limited amounts of time and improved oxygen utilization; however, without a proper warm-up, your body will not be ready to work at its highest potential.

Right now, I’m prepping to film a variety of workouts, revamping my own training schedule, and watching a bunch of cooking competition shows. I like consuming food more than I like preparing it, but I’m super competitive. Maybe if I pretend that I’m on a competition while cooking my food my affinity for practicing my culinary skills will improve? We’ll see what happens.

This is a quick-paced workout and will be over before you know it, but make sure to fuel properly for it! You can prepare your pre- and post-workout snacks on the imaginary cooking competition show with me.

I hope you enjoy this challenging (but straightforward) workout!

See you on the screen,

-Tasha