Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Mat Stretches for Stiff Hips

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, I am so impressed at how many of you completed one of my latest releases, Daily Stretches for Mobility and Better Movement. This was my first attempt at creating a short mobility sequence, and I think that resonated with those of you who don’t necessarily have time (or patience) for long stretching sessions during the week. I kept this momentum going with today’s release:

Mat Stretches for Stiff Hips

I dug deep in my toolbox for unconventional hip stretches that you may not have tried before. Two of these exercises focus on a tiny and mighty muscle known as the Quadratus Lumborum, or QL for short. The QL is a deep abdominal muscle and a common culprit behind hip, low back, and pelvic pain. Because of its anatomy, the QL can be difficult to isolate, but these stretches are a great starting point.

Since we’re talking about starting points, can we take a moment to acknowledge our newest FB expert, Amanda, who is also a Doctor of Physical Therapy?! It’s been so difficult for me to keep this amazing secret, especially since there have been multiple requests for upper body DPT-led workouts. Check out Amanda’s first workout, Complete Upper-Body Stretching and Mobility Routine, and send us feedback on other topics that we should tackle.

As always, thank you for supporting and working out with us!

Kayla

P.S. And did you see my latest Expert Article - 9 Tips on How To Keep Hip Joints Healthy? Would love to hear what you thought.