Perspiration Pals 4 November 2021

Hi there Pals! I got some really good answer to yesterday’s pop quiz. So mayflies have an ephemeral existence whereas coral reefs – if we let them – can live up to about 4000 years. A jellyfish called Turritopsis dohrnii is practically immortal but as Deb pointed it out it could easily become somebody’s dinner.

Today’s question is also about life the universe and everything. (if you recognise the reference you get an extra point) What’s exercise got to do with the universe? Everything. How old do you think are the fossils of the earliest living organisms on Earth? They lived eons (or aeons) ago. Do you know how many years are there in an eon? Sometimes doing HIIT might feel like an eon…

And my complex lifeform friends, are you going to do HIIT today? I’m going to do a core strength routine today. I’ve been doing strength training for weeks now and I like it.

My mini lifebook woke up and said it’s Common Sense Day so let’s celebrate common sense and avoid disasters.

PS, (written yesterday evening and posted now after some debate with myself) When I decided to host, I knew perfectly well that I wasn’t an exciting and entertaining person so I thought what better way to make this thread interesting than to learn more about our bodies and various scientific facts. Science has always fascinated me. As a former language teacher I know that from time to time a particular subject might trigger negative feelings because life is difficult but I always made sure nobody left my classes feeling dejected or sad. I’m not a teacher here. I’m just the member of this community who would never intentionally hurt anyone’s feelings but this community is not only about laughter and fun. That’s what makes it real. We, including Kelli herself, have shared our struggles and problems with another before. Sticking to one topic only would be rather unrealistic. Fitness Blender has millions of subscribers but only a handful of us check-in every day. It’s perfectly fine to come here to chat and it’s also perfectly fine to come here simply to work out. How much you share is your choice only but the way you feel about a certain topic is nobody’s fault. I don’t pick the ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ topic or picture, I merely pick something hoping it will start a conversation. If it does, I’m glad. If it doesn’t it’s all right too. If it makes you feel sad, I’m really sorry and I only hope it won’t stop you from coming back because this is a tolerant, kind and understanding community. This is how I host unless you or Fitness Blender tells me to stop or I simply run out of ideas. Thank you for reading this.