Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Modifications for the win!

Hi!

I posted this comment on a core workout I did today, but felt like I needed to share it to the broader community as well.

I wanted to say, taking modifications is ABSOLUTELY FINE and doesn't mean your workout is any less effective or important. I think the modifications are often seen/talked about as a "lesser than" version of the exercise and I just don't believe that's true! I'd rather do a modified version of a crunch and really feel it in my abs, than strain my neck or other part of my body just to do it like Daniel or Kelli. And I know they'd agree with that, too, but I still think the language around mods is unfortunate. They're often seen as steps to the "real" or "actual" exercise, when they can be just as, if not more effective, depending on your form and your own body.

Overall, just wanted to send a reminder out there to do what feels right for YOUR body, and take the body you see on the screen as a guideline, not a mandate. (Saying this as much as a reminder for myself as too all you out there :) ).