HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 28th

“Standing up for yourself doesn’t make you argumentative. Sharing your feelings doesn’t make you oversensitive. And saying no doesn’t make you uncaring or selfish. If someone won’t respect your feelings, needs, and boundaries, the problem isn’t you; it’s them.” – Lori Deschene

Oh my. As I’m typing this, there is someone with a leaf blower walking through the street; simultaneously there is one of those street sweepers driving by slowly AND there is work being done in the neighbors’ backyard so there are people working with heavy equipment, which offers a third layer of noise outside. I’m half expecting a Ferris Bueller-like parade to start any moment now. (A few moments later: a helicopter passes.)

It's a beautiful sunny day here, I've already did some cycling to get from A to B, but feel obliged to add a little stroll to take (more) advantage of this weather. But first I am planning my "therapy": yoga. Two new videos that will hopefully help a tiny bit with relaxation/controlling anxiety.

What are you doing today? Is this quote helpful to you in any way? What is helpful to you when you are struggling with anxiety or nervousness?

Anyone is free to post here, so go ahead if you're doubtful. 🙂 Share what you want.