I'M BACK...

October - my favourite month of the year! So why not schedule my favourite program too?

FB STRONG whacked in the calendar on the 4th October, due to finish on Friday 29th...

October 2nd comes around, and I'm taken ill. Long story short...COVID. It took me 13 days to recover. 10 of those were spent in bed. And I mean ALL DAY every day...in bed. I didn't eat for most of those days, and when I did it was just cereal, because I really had no energy left to function.

October 18th - back to work. All my symptoms clear apart from the lack of taste and smell (let's not even go there!) So I decided to schedule some stretching and low impact workouts. I can tell you that none of those were completed. In fact, they were removed from my calendar completely :( Sunday (yesterday) was my first walk/hike post-COVID, and my body ACHED. Lower half especially. But I'm so glad that I did it and it kick-started me again.

Tonight I managed the latest upper body warm up, 20 minute upper strength with Daniel (albeit lower weights than usual), and a 31 minute stretching routine.

I'M BACK BABY. And the relief is unreal.

Now I'm going to spend the next hour catching up on the community feed! Happy Monday everyone, much love to you all...

p.s moral of the story - listen to your body!! If you can't manage a workout...don't force it! Remove it from your calendar and reschedule for another day. FB Strong will now be my first program of the year next year! Something to look forward to :-)