Weekend Check-in: šŸ‘» Saturday, 10/23/21

Good morning from the desert, Blendies, where the cacti are evergreen and fall feels like late spring! Sharing a picture of saguaro cacti in my momā€™s backyard. Did you know that it takes 50-75 years for a saguaro to sprout its first arms?! Talk about slow growth! They store extra water in their arms, and can live for hundreds of years!

Thereā€™s your Saturday science lesson, folks! But whatā€™s going on with fitness and food today? Are you sweating/resting/stretching/lifting/hikingā€¦the list could go on! I think I am resting. Maybe some stretches, but thatā€™s about it.

And we gotta eat, so whatā€™s going to be on your plates today? I am going to my dadā€™s house to celebrate his birthday, and he is grilling a whole bunch of meats (even though heā€™s a vegetarian! šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø), and thatā€™s all I know.

Since Iā€™ll be partying with my dad šŸ˜œ I will do my best to reply to everyone, but if I donā€™t, please know that Iā€™ll definitely be reading!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***