Taking time off while sick

Hello, everyone, and happy Friday,

I guess I just want to rant a little bit: two of my housemates and I have come down with a cold. Thankfully, it's fairly mild and not COVID, but it's enough to sideline me from working out. This marks the longest break I've taken from workouts since February 2020 and I'm frustrated, to say the least.

Working out is often my favourite part of the day. I feel both calm and powerful at the same time, and I love knowing that I've pushed myself to get better at the end of it. It's an integral piece of my daily routine and my most frequent hobby. But when my nose won't stop running and my head spins, I can't exactly challenge myself with some clean-and-presses. I can't even do pilates, since kneeling on my hands and knees makes my nose drip!

Instead, I've done some creative writing, cooking, and chatted for long hours with my fellow sick housemates. While all that's good, I miss working out. In the big picture, taking a week off is nothing and I'm lucky not to be sidelined longer, but...

I'm still annoyed, haha. This has just been my little vent and I hope you guys all have a great and healthy day.