Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

losing inches with strength training?

Hi dear blenders,

I have a maybe silly question, with no easy answer, but it has been on my mind a while now so I thought I'd just try and ask 😉

I'm trying to lose some cm around my thighs, so I'll fit in my jeans again (I don't want to buy new wardrobe if not necessary). But I also love strength training and HIIT. So, I was wondering if I follow a FB program like Strong, Burn, Sweat, Fit, etc with maybe 2-3 lower body strength/HIIT workouts a week, and one long hike on the weekends, will I rather increase inches on the thighs or lose them? Are the FB strength workouts intense and focused enough to really add many many inches to the thighs? I've read a thread in the forum recently that people add extra exercises to increase glute growth, so I started wondering what I can expect from the workouts if I follow as planned. I love FB workouts, and I'll keep doing them no matter what, I just want to know what to expect and whether my goals are realistic and my approach makes sense.

I know these kind of questions are hard to answer as everyone is different and every body is different, but maybe some people would like to share their thoughts and experience with this, I'm happy for every input ☺️