HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 11th πŸŒ€οΈπŸŽ‚

Hello Blender friends, old and new. Quick reminder, everyone is welcome to post in our kind and supportive little corner of the forum!

I'm posting a bit later from usual, because I slept in, a lot. It's a three-day weekend here, for Canadian Thanksgiving, and I must admit I am very thankful to have the time to get properly rested up before I head back to work! Because of the holiday, I wanted to find a quote about thankfulness, and there are certainly a lot of them out there! So I think I will share this one, which is about thankfulness, fullness, and emptiness.

β€œWhen you feel thankful, you can be appreciative for a moment, then not at all the next. It seems the tank is full, then it becomes empty, and the cycle continues. If you don't feel the same gratitude for a moment, know that it's possible in the next moment that comes around.” (J.R. Rim)

After a summer of worry and sadness, the last three weeks visiting my family have gotten my tank pretty full. My siblings are taking good care of my mom and my visit gave me some lovely family time and let me give them a bit of a breather. And of course arriving home after a rather grueling series of flights and seeing the smile light up my husband's face when he came to pick me up, that was precious too. Now I am finally feeling rested. Today I'll be baking (bread and also pumpkin-chocolate "day-after-birthday" cake, because I forgot my own birthday lol), closing out another bit of the garden, and catching up on laundry. I may treat myself to Daniel's "back rehab" workout. I hope everyone has a great Monday.