Perspiration Pals 7 October 2021

Hello Pals! Today’s PPals check-in will be a bit different based on a remark my dear colleague made this morning and not even for the first time.

So the question is this: Has anyone ever belittled your bad mood/sadness/problems simply based on superficial information about you? Especially if you are unmarried and childless. Have you ever been told, perhaps not with these exact same words, that you have absolutely nothing to complain about because all you have to do in life is look after yourself? As if not having your own family means you don’t have any loved ones, you don’t have to worry about anyone or anything in life. As if being angry, sad or annoyed is something reserved only for those who chose the more traditional path in life. As if anything that happens to you at work our outside work is absolutely nothing compared to what happens to real people with real problems. If this ever happened to you, how do you deal with it? Ignore it? Do HIIT? Actually that’s not even a bad idea. Nah.. strength training it is.

Day 10 (I think) of Mass. My upper-body is pleasantly sore, yes pleasantly sore is an existing condition. And I solemnly swear that I won’t procrastinate. As much as I usually do.

My mini lifebook says it’s Frappé Day. Have some, will you? If you like it, that is. Have a lovely day!

PS, sorry about the bad mood... it's not you, it's me.