Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Real talk about weight loss

I know this topic is discussed so much, but I am looking for honest opinions. I am healthy, work out consistently for past 25 years, eat well and with good nutrition. I do eat too much cheese, chips, sweets from time to time, depending on what is going on, always at night. We eat out a lot, and frankly I don't think that is going to stop. I love wine, beer, etc.

I should also mention I am 53 years old, and I went through sudden menopause at 43 after breast cancer, so some of my body mechanisms may make things more challenging, though honestly I am not sure it does.

I have done WW several times throughout the past 20+ years: the first time I lost 62 pounds and I have kept it off with the exception of 10-20 pounds that ebbs and flows with things like summer fun, winter gloom, just getting sloppy, etc. For the most part I go back to WW and I am able to lose the creeped on extra weight for a time, then back to the patterns.

The thing is: I care about my health and body, but I also care about living a joyful life, and food and drink give me immense joy. How do you guys that maintain a healthy weight do it? I also care about vanity, I don't like love handles or a puffy face. I feel so conflicted at times. Is WW really just perpetuating the false beauty standards in our world? Is it healthy? I have tried "intuitive" eating, but I clearly haven't gotten a handle on it. Has anyone tried NOOM? How are you successful, without going crazy? Thank you for reading this long saga....looking forward to some real stories, if you are willing to share!

Edited