Perspiration Pals 30 September 2021

Hi there, Pals! I hope your hand-eye coordination didn’t let you down yesterday and you didn’t drop anything or fall into a manhole or something. Talking about falling or rather the pain as a consequence of falling, I thought today’s question can be about some interesting facts about pain. So let’s have a look at the following fill-in-the-gap questions: Pain can increase ……. levels, and increased levels of ……… can make pain worse. Bonus question: Gout, a painful type of arthritis, is caused by the build-up in the blood of a substance called uric acid, which causes sharp crystals to form inside joints. Analysis of casts of a forearm from a ……….. fossil named Sue revealed that the ………….. had a bad case of gout. (clue: gout is often referred to as the disease of kings and this ancient animal was a ‘king’)

I hope you’re all pain-free today and able to work out? What are you going to do? I’m on Day 3 of the Mass programme and I’m enjoying it because, and it’s official now, strength training is my favourite kind of training.

I had a look at my mini lifebook and I realised that I missed Astronomy Day (26 September). This is unforgivable. As a punishment, feel free to ask me difficult questions about the universe.