Changing Diet to Lose Weight and Feel Better-Advice?

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed in the last two years that a few things were changing (I'm 43). I was having a hard time staying asleep at night and I was dealing with acid reflux a lot more frequently. I couldn't tell if one was causing the other, but after feeling miserable I decided to make some changes.

I decided to prioritize my rest by going to bed (no falling asleep on couch and no electronics). I also googled and read that the mediterranean diet is good for reducing acid reflux symptoms. I must admit that I feel so much better after only three weeks of trying to follow that eating approach. And, I'm sleeping so much better.

My one complaint and this is where I need advice is that I'm not losing weight. I gained 15 pounds during the early days of the pandemic and I don't feel good in my body with it. I enjoy the foods a lot on the Mediterranean diet, but could I still be overeating? I do tend to have dessert or a bit of wine on the weekends. Yet, I"m hoping that by trying to eat more whole foods that this will lead to weight loss.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

KK