Update

So, I'm 6 months post stroke. I'm going to be released from outpatient therapy at the clinic after next week.

I had a new idea for the hand. Usually electro stimulation is used to stimulate and practice stretch function. But with my hand the fingertips curl. So I suggested doing it while my hand is in the splint, that way the fingertips can't curl. And so far it's been working pretty well. Of course it takes time. The idea is that you repeat the movement a lot until different brain cells take over the movement. Like learning a new language, repetition is key. But I really think I can improve the function a lot.

Tomorrow we'll be practicing the grip strength. Cause I can grab and lift a dumbbell, but I can't bring it to my shoulder and sometimes it even falls out of my hand when just holding it next to my body. But! I tried bulgarian split squats and I was able to do them, also on the left leg. I'm really excited about that Cause those were one of my favorite exercises.

I can't wait to go home (I've been staying with my parents this whole time), I want to do my workouts again. I also want to try kickboxing. A fist us about the only thing I can do well with my hand. So I'm looking forward to trying that. I also hope that we'll find a way for me to hold onto dumbbells properly tomorrow. I do have resistance bands as alternative, but I would prefer dumbbells. Fingers crossed