HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 23rd

Hello everyone.

It’s the second to last Thursday of September and the weather has been very generous here this month.

“Stay in the moment. The practice of staying present will heal you. Obsessing about how the future will turn out creates anxiety. Replaying broken scenarios from the past causes anger and sadness. Stay here, in this moment.” – Sylvester McNutt

A good reminder to not dwell on the past or worry about the future, however difficult that may be.

Exercise will be yoga for me, maybe a walk. I will need to write a note to my neighbor as doing laundry in the middle of the night seems to be his new habit. It wakes me up because I hear loud ticking when the washing machine starts spinning, then I can’t get back to sleep...

I wanted to write an upbeat story for you, but the truth is I’m just feeling sad and low energy this morning. Don’t want to fight those feelings as they’re part of life and the grieving process, but that doesn’t mean I really want to embrace them, you know?

Picture is the notebook in which I'm writing at the moment, for the cat lovers out here. 🐈 The fountain pen is one of my dad's, and now I know he was onto something; it writes like a dream and doesn't give me the crampy hand I get when using a ballpoint.

Hope Maria is doing well on her break. 🌼 And I hope you have a good day. If you don’t, join me in the sorrowful people corner 😎 I have tea and chocolate.

(A reminder: everyone’s welcome here, just sharing your workout is ok too!)