Immense Progress! 😊

Hello Blender Peeps! I hope you all are doing well.

It's been a bit since I have been around on the website...well posting wise anyway. I have been coming on to see what's been going on.

So I wanted to post to say how much progress I have made since completing physical therapy back in July.

Everyday or as many days as I could I would do my physical therapy exercises with a little sprinkle of some extremely low impact workouts. I decided to redo FB Reach since I think it's low impact enough for me to do. It is for the most part but there is still a lot I can't do since recovery has just started and will take a while.

The progress I have made was basically being able to walk a lot longer and not feel much pain in my legs, knees and ankles. Usually before when it was REALLY bad I couldn't stand much at all or move around much either. I always had to sit down or shake my legs out constantly. Now, I only do very very small amounts. The past few times I was out I never needed a break. I mean once or twice I had to shake them out as my legs were reaching their limits but they have gotten stronger which I'm really proud and thankful for. Hopefully, all that makes sense. It still isn't perfect because I'm still working on it but it's good progress. Also, my arms are getting a bit better too. Not as much pain when I put pressure on my wrists. I do still get pains here and there and there are times they would hurt pretty bad but small progress is still good. I'm just really happy. 😊

I did get a workoutcomplete today too. It wasn't a FB workout well...kind of. I did two small warm ups from FB but the workout itself was from another fitness channel. It was a glute activation routine. It was brutal to say the least but felt really good to do. The soreness from the moves I missed honestly. Not working out hard like that after a year (don't worry I didn't over do it. I took a lot of breaks and did what I could) really feels nice. Surprisingly, my body did a lot more than I thought it would which is good. Again, the progress was showing. 😁 I know I keep saying but I'm just REALLY, REALLY happy.

I do want to share a little story about the past month. As I said I started FB Reach and and almost finished week 1 but then when I got to day 6 (the optional day) I stopped. I guess at the time (a little bit over a month ago) I was kind of losing motivation to do it anymore. Also, some days I just wasn't feeling up to it or I just did my physical therapy exercises and called it a day.

I was thinking about posting about it here since you all are very kind and amazing when it comes to people losing motivation or not knowing what to do. Honestly, I didn't because I felt like I annoyed you all with my issues enough so I told myself, "I'll just figure it out on my own."

So, for about two or three weeks I just did not feel up to completing FB Reach and kept telling myself, "I'll do it tomorrow for sure." and it just never happened. Tomorrow became a few days to a few weeks. I just kept rescheduling over and over and over and over. At some point I thought, "You know what? This is getting annoying. I'll just remove it entirely." So I decided to re-restart FB Reach and do my best to do what I can when I can. Honestly, the rescheduling didn't aid in the demotivation, it was just really annoying to keep doing. I just had the mindset of "If I can't complete the workout I need to do that day or within a few days I might as well quit the entire program until I can." I know terrible mentality BUT then it hit me that it doesn't matter how long it takes to complete the program. As long as you do what you can when you can it's okay. Had I not removed it and rescheduled, it would've taken over a possibly few months to complete but it would've been done. I'm still working on correcting that mentality don't worry.

The biggest thing that kept getting me was all the progress everyone was having, the new workouts that keep coming out that I won't be able to do anytime soon. I was a bif jealous but I did keep reminding myself that everyone's journies are different. Right now I'm going through some things but that doesn't mean I'm not doing well too. Plus, I'm not everybody and everybody isn't me. I'm doing my thing and working hard in my own way so that's what matters right?

Thank you for reading and being such a kind and awesome community!