"In the Kitchen" Weekend Recap 9/20/21

Good day Fellow FB Family.

Hope your weekend was fabulous and you have started off on a wonderful Monday. Storm and I were busy this weekend getting ready for Fall rains and rearranging furniture for the winter. We purchased and new treadmill and had to rearrange the art studio to fit it in. In and amongst all this, we were "In the Kitchen."

Friday: Super Veggie Taco. Leftover filling stuff from tacos salads on a spinach flour tortilla. Pinto/black beans, onions, bell peppers and various spices made up the base. Then added greens, more bell pepper, red onion, black olives, avocado, sour cream and salsa. Very yummy.

Saturday: Sourdough Pizza night: I made a pesto from pineapple tomato, garlic, purple basil, fresh cracked pepper, EVOO and sea salt. Added to that 3 oz of shredded mozzarella, 1 oz of freshly grated Parmesan, crimini mushroom, bell pepper, red onion, and shredded crookneck. The crust was light and airy.

Sunday: We had our wood cookstove going and made our first meal of the season on it. Pan seared Salmon and rice pilaf (sort of). Salmon was seasoned with garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper and sea salt. No oil was used because I left enough fat on it while trimming from whole side when we bought it. Rice is long grain Basmati with Turmeric, Shiitake mushrooms (raised ourselves), leaks, bell pepper and other spices. Served with a small salad on the side. Very tasty. We even have a small bit of salmon left for lunch salads today. Awesome!

So what did you have going on "In the Kitchen" this past weekend. friends family involved? Post up all your successes and failures. We like to see/hear about them all. Have a blessed and prosperous day!