HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 16th

Hello everyone.

“It's so important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy. Losing your cool makes you tired. Getting angry a lot messes with your health.” - Joyce Meyer

I found this quote when I was googling another quote. This lady has a fair amount of quotes about religion, which is not my thing, but this one really spoke to me.

I get little implosions of anger a lot and I know they are bad for my health and happiness. Letting go isn’t my best quality... And it seems like it’s a chain of negativity sometimes, which I don’t want!

I am thinking about keeping a little diary: when I come across something that ticks me off, I should write it down to examine it. (However, another project is not really something I can use…) Better still, hit the pause button and try to let it not get to me. Because when it does, it only breeds negativity and keeps lingering. I also - way too often - have these conversations in my head with people who MIGHT say something nasty, so I can make a quick response and "be assertive". But if it messes with my wellbeing so much, maybe staying calm should be my priority.

Do you lose your cool often? Or do you walk around outside mentally preparing yourself for when something "bad" happens? (If not, tell me your secret please.)

In trying to do something positive, I will go for a longer walk today. The sun is shining. I have been feeling a bit lonely this week, but am also hesitant of meeting up with people because I’m terrified of it being too much. Will also be doing some more emotional release yoga.

What are your plans today? And before I forget, everyone's welcome here, whether you're a regular poster here or not. Share what you want about your day.

And have a zen one. 🧘‍♀️ (Photo: Teppie brought me flowers. Too kind!)