Struggling with the bad (pain) days.

Hi everyone, I’d really appreciate some words of wisdom.

I’ve had chronic pain since I was 19 due to a hip abnormality that was misdiagnosed for a few years. In my early 20s, after being unable to run and walk for very long, I started working out with Fitness Blender. I’d been at the gym a few times but I was never very comfortable working out in front of others and I was never knowledgeable about exercising in general.

As the years went by FB helped me get fitter, stronger and healthier - at the same time, my pain got worse and my mobility decreased - I switched to low impact workouts and I am forever grateful for the mindful Pilates/resistance band routines which have been a particular feature for FB over the last year.

Being the fittest I’ve ever been, while also being in the most pain/least mobile, is a strange contradiction which I think about often. I want to stress that exercising with FB has only ever helped my condition, I know that I’d be in much more pain if I didn’t exercise.

Over the last year though, more parts of body have been effected by pain, my world has gotten smaller again, like it did when I was 19, and I’m really starting to struggle on the bad days when my whole body is in pain. Coping with just lower body pain was manageable but the more my pain spreads the more overwhelmed and depressed I feel - I feel like all the effort I put into staying healthy is for nothing. I practice and wholeheartedly believe in FB mindfulness - of listening to my body, not demanding things from my body but sometimes it’s hard not to be devastated when my body can’t do some of the simplest things.

I’d be grateful if anyone has any advice on getting through the tougher days - reading some of Kelli’s posts about her experiences always makes me feel understood and I’d really appreciate any other words of wisdom.

Thank you 💛

Edited