HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 9th 🐈

Hello dear Blenders.

It’s 9 September, my birthday. Thirty-one years ago I blessed the worl...uh, my family, with my presence. 🤪 So I thought I’d make this post birthday-themed.

"The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been." - Madeleine L'Engle

This will probably be my weirdest and saddest birthday yet as there is one person missing who has been there each time – my dad. Of course he will be in my thoughts, but it’s just not the same. Also, I am not dating the guy I was dating anymore, which was a painful decision, so it’ll be a demure celebration all around (those of you who know me will understand I usually throw lavish, people packed parties… think Jay Gatsby 🤥)

I know I should be grateful for this day as there are many people who would (have) love(d) to have more time on earth; people we have lost, people who are curently ill. I should, but I can’t.

I always bake something myself for this occasion. Some of my birthday bakes: walnut pie, peanut butter cheesecake, peanut butter brownies (I’m my fathers daughter, I love PB), hummingbird cake... It feels like a huge task this year, BUT I wanted to bake a trusty Dutch apple pie because it reminds me of my dad. He liked everything I baked, but apple pie was something he sometimes made himself. He was very fond of cinnamon, so I have used that generously. For dinner (takeaway) roti is planned, the Surinam dish my dad made from scratch. He liked food, so this is my way to honor him and include him even though he’s not here like he used to.

Forgive me for all the talk about myself... Do you like your own birthday (I know Maria does!)? Even if you don’t, it’s a good opportunity to do something you enjoy. Or eat cake for breakfast.

Please tell me/tell us about your day, your workout, your food. Is it still warm where you are, or has the weather turned colder already?

Wishing everyone the best day possible. And as a reminder: everyone is welcome here, no fancy requirements.

Bonus question: which one of Teppies moods (pictured above) is your most frequent state of mind?