Weekend Check-in 👻: Sunday, September 5th

Good morning, Blendies! Or afternoon or evening, depending on where you are in the world!

First things first! I am very excited to introduce you to my new feathered trainer, D.J.! Short for Dwayne Johnson, as in The Rock. 😆 My oldest son named him, which is only fair since I named his parakeet, Erin Burrd. I got him yesterday from a parrot rescue here in town. He’s 14, and his owner just passed away. He wasn’t mistreated in any way, thank goodness! He’s used to people, he’s just not yet used to me. So I’ve been sitting by him and talking with him. I even read him a story last night, lol!

Oh, and his cage. I mentioned in another thread yesterday that his cage was overkill for a cockatiel, and that Hubby’s face when he saw it was priceless! But it’s the one he’s lived in his whole life, so for continuity’s sake, I took it. I’ll include a picture of it in the comments section. It’s a high-rise condo!

Okay, enough about my new feathered friend and his bachelor pad! What about workouts? What workouts are you doing to day that will make you feel strong and healthy- mentally and physically? I’ll probably take a rest day.

And we gotta eat! So what’s going to satisfy your palate today? We are going to a friend’s house *again* (been doing a lot of socializing lately!) for a fantasy football draft. I’m not into football, and neither is my friend. I’m just going to offer moral support while our husbands pick teams and our kids run around. Plus she makes the best salsa and queso ever!

All right! Thanks for checking in with me! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!**