Weekend Check-in šŸ‘»: Saturday, September 4th

Good morning, Blendies! I havenā€™t had coffee yet and thereā€™s a hamster on my shoulder, so please forgive any spelling or grammatical mistakes!

Well even without coffee I am all kinds of excited! If all goes well, today I am going to a parrot rescue get a cockatiel to foster, with the intent to adopt it. Unless, of course, the bird absolutely hates me. šŸ˜† But I doubt it. I am the ā€œbird whispererā€ and I will have enough love for the both of us, lol!

Enough about birds! Iā€™m trying to come up with a clever transition, but again, no coffee yet. So: what workouts are we doing today? Yesterday was so busy that I didnā€™t get to mine, so Iā€™m going to try again today with Kaylaā€™s knee-friendly lower body workout.

And whatā€™s on the menu today? For me, itā€™s 1) coffee 2) coffee. Iā€™d like a third cup, but I donā€™t want the reflux or heart palpitations that would come with it. So I guess Iā€™ll eat regular food. Dinner is smash burgers, potato salad, roasted broccoli, and homemade brownies. My youngest son is studying various countries and cultures for homeschool this year, starting with the U.S. For each country we study, we do a meal with food from that country. Thatā€™s my favorite kind of homeschool- the kind you can eat!

Well thanks for checking in with me. Enjoy your Saturday!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***