Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Lower Body Stability Workout (Knee-Friendly)

Hi Fitness Blender family!

I know I've mentioned it previously, but one of my favorite things to do is to read your feedback on the Expert articles, videos, programs, and community boards. There are so many interesting and reasonable requests and suggestions for new content, and today’s workout is the direct result of your feedback.

Lower Body Stability Workout (Knee-Friendly)

This workout is a full-length workout that is intended for those of you who need a suitable alternative to high-impact, high-intensity workouts that trigger knee discomfort. While it comes as no surprise that those types of workouts can produce incredible changes to your fitness levels, sometimes they are just not right for you - and that’s okay. Fitness, and more importantly, physical wellness looks different for everyone, and it’s important to meet your own needs regardless of where you are in your journey.

Personally, I was exhausted after filming and definitely met my activity quota for the day. Although I didn’t use any, progressions are easy to make for this workout - simply add a resistance band or hold a set of light dumbbells to increase your workload. On the contrary, shorten your rep count or limit your squat depth if you’re noticing twinges of discomfort during any exercise.

If you’re interested in learning more tips on how to exercise while recovering from knee pain, check out the article that I co-wrote with Natalia on How to Manage Knee Pain: Healing, Nutrition, and Exercise Tips for Knee Pain. You can also read about what to do after injury in this Expert article on 10 Workout Modifications to Try When You Have an Injury.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my first, full-length workout video. What else are you hoping to see from me?

-Kayla