I'm back, baby! (Support for teachers returning to school!)

I have so loved working out this summer. I've done more strength training than I've ever done before, and made some significant gains! I knew that I wanted to continue working out during the school year, but I also knew that Back-to-School season would interfere temporarily.

I gave myself permission to not work out for the first few weeks of school...and whew! I really needed it. Getting back into the swing of being on your feet for 8 hours a day, setting up classroom procedures, and doing all of the "extra" beginning of school year tasks absolutely sapped my energy levels for the first two weeks.

Now that we are a few weeks into school, this past week, I decided that my energy levels have come back, I've officially adjusted, and WOW! I worked out FOUR times this week! (And I can't wait to do it again)

To all those other teachers out there who are just starting, or who are just about to start school, please give yourself permission to take a break while you get your feet back under you!

P.s. It might be fun to have a teacher accountability group...It's tough to stay healthy in such an unhealthy profession!