A

Weekend ghost 👻 check-in: Sunday, August 29

Welcome to this last Sunday check-in of August, Blenders! The summer is about to end on the northern hemisphere, and spring is just around the corner for the other half of the world. How are you today? Enjoying the last summer weekend, or looking forward to shorter days, autumn colors and frozen toes, or to warmer weather, hay fever and long evenings? To warm apple pie or melting ice cream? I know that some of us cannot wait to cook all those delicious autumn dishes, so that's why I'm starting this check-in with the part with which most check-ins end: food.

I'm not much of a cook anymore - too chaotic for that - but I do have a decent palet. I won't bother you with my Sunday menu, but I do have an optional Sunday food topic for you: do you have a dish that you'll always remember, something that you'd eat right now, any time of day? Like that starter from the restaurant of your first date with your partner, the cake your granny made, or the taste of that beautiful ripe mango you bought at a local market on holiday. Something that makes your mouths water, just thinking about it or that brings back happy memories? I know I wouldn't be mad if someone woke me in the middle of the night and served me some nice figs from the garden of that Italian agriturismo I once stayed at. Grilled, with some gorgonzola. What's making you drool or dream of a wonderful time?

Of course, we also have to think about the real life stuff: from breakfast to post-workout snacks, lunch and dinner. We all have to eat something today, which reminds me of the fact I really need to go to the grocery store later. How about you? Are you cooking, or is someone else preparing today's menu in your household? Take out, maybe something easy like using up whatever is left in your fridge?

And how about workouts or (active) rest? Is there a workout on your FB dashboard to earn your #WorkoutComplete, today? Or are you resting? I'm really not sue what today will have in store for me. have been scheduling my own workouts for a week now, and I may have neglected my upper body a little, but that part of my body is still a bit sore from Daniel's negatives the other day. Maybe a moderate total body workout. A bit of cardio, but nothing too intense. Or just a walk in the neighborhood.

I cannot leave you guys without a few words about my picture. This beautiful colored bird is a common kingfisher. It's not the best photo I ever took, but the kingfisher has been on my bucket list for ages. It's hard to find and whenever I spotted one, it was either flying above my head with 200 m/h (or so it seemed), or it had disappeared before I could lift my pinky finger. This one, a male, landed before the cabin I was sitting in the other day to watch the birds around a little lake. Two seconds later, he was gone, diving into the water for a snack and flying to an unknown spot to enjoy the catch of the day, but I got my picture.

I hope you will all have (or you had) a nice Sunday. Tomorrow, Kim will be back!

👻

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited