Covid Positive

Wanted to take a quick moment to reiterate how seriously contagious this new Delta Covid variant is.

Today I received my Covid test results and it’s positive. Since the pandemic began, I have been so careful. I’ve not allowed any house guests, no travel, working remotely, etc. Only go out once a week for groceries while wearing a mask.

My best friend and husband are moving back to my neighborhood. Last week I let my best friend stay with me for a few days so she could sort things out, etc. Turns out she had the virus and was sick in my house for days and then I got it. I’m on day 7.

Thankfully I’m over the worst of it, although I’m still feeling poorly; lots of coughing, shortness of breath, fatigue, horrific headache.

Since I received my positive test result today, I’m definitely quarantining (sp?) for another 7 days. To add insult to injury, I cracked one of my teeth last week, but naturally my dentist can’t help me out until next Thursday. The pain is EXCRUCIATING as I have a nerve exposed. I’ve just got to hang on for another week- good grief it hurts.

So, couple of things I want to convey. GET VACCINATED! If you don’t plan on it, then get ready because the virus is going to get you. I wasn’t vaccinated, but again, I will be doing it as soon as I feel better and get out of quarantine. I would not wish any of these symptoms on my worst enemy. It is brutal.

Finally, I truly believe that FB has helped me during this challenging time because my body and mind were so fit and healthy before I got Covid. Being strong physically and mentally was instrumental in my healing process. Believe it or not, I was able to complete a lower strength workout Monday, upper strength Tuesday and a great walk today.

This virus is so serious and the Delta variant has upped the ante; I am living proof. I don’t want anyone else to experience this thing. It’s so simple… get the vaccine. Please.

Thank you to anyone who reads this. 🙏🏻