Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

Exercises to Correct Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Good morning, FB Family!

For those of you who are new to my content, welcome! My name is Kayla, and I’m a doctor of physical therapy with 10 years of clinical experience. I am passionate about the human brain, tiramisu, and sneakers, and my favorite workout involves chasing after a toddler. And, speaking of workouts, I have a highly-requested workout based upon a recent Expert article I wrote, 3 Types of Pelvic Tilt: Breaking Down Lateral, Posterior and Anterior Pelvic Tilt.

Today’s workout, Exercises to Correct Anterior Pelvic Tilt, responds to some of your questions on how to correct an anterior pelvic tilt using low-intensity, low-impact mat exercises. This workout is the perfect starting point for someone who is new to core stabilization and needs basic, foundational instruction. Pair this workout with Kelli’s 20 Minute Butt and Thigh Workout for the perfect combination of core stabilization + glute activation.

Since pregnancy, my body naturally defaults to an excessive anterior pelvic tilt that worsens my back and torso pain. If this sounds like you, then spend some time rediscovering how to activate your abdominal muscles with this workout. Once your strength improves, incorporate these principles into any higher level workout.

Let me know how today’s workout treats you. I’m loving your comments and feedback, and I can’t wait to hear what you want to see next.

-Kayla