Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

How long before your form improved (push ups)

I am currently working on FB Fit. I really like it but I do know it is one of the tougher workout programs. I am acutely aware my form isn't perfect at all. In fact, I cannot really do full plank push ups. I get scared lowering myself and not being able to get up. I follow along as I can in the FB fit routines, trying to watch my form. I know I know I should do beginner programs, but I just like the intensity of FB Fit more than other programs I tried. I figured I just repeat the program until I can do everything perfectly. I didn't use to be able to do real squats, so I feel good that I can at least do that. But the push up are just this huge challenge as a female - I could never do them right, even when I was younger. So I set my goal now I will conquer this.

I am working on improving my push up attempts (found some good step by step how to build up to it: using a table, my knees and so on) but I wonder if anyone else have been struggling with this and building up to it with success? How long did it take to improve? My crunches are also hard to do right, I am not able to get my self up that far up and worry I am hurting my neck when I am straining, but that is another story haha. I am starting with this challenge, which is humbling.