Perspiration Pals 12 August 2021

Hi there Pals! Did you get out of bed on the right side? And then proceeded to do some HIIT? I certainly didn’t. Yesterday, I asked you two questions about reflexes so now we know that more than 90 percent of all the activities performed by the human nervous system are reflexive action and that babies are born with more than 70 instinctive reflexes. Quite interesting, isn’t it? So today I thought we’d find out a bit more about two of our reflexes.

One of them is the Babinski reflex. It’s tested by scratching the bottom of your foot with something to see how your toes curl. So which way do babies’ toes curl? And adults? And then there’s another reflex the anal reflex which may also be called the anal wink. I must admit I like this name so I had to bring it up. It's a reflex in which the anal sphincter tightens in response to a local, irritating stimulus. Or when Daniel says ‘next one is lizard hops’. And finally, what is the patellar reflex?

I’m planning to do another Tasha routine. I think I’ll need to watch the video first because there might be exercises I’m not familiar with. I really like Tasha’s style.

All right Pals, have a lovely day. That’s an order.