Perspiration Pals August 9th 2021 πŸ˜ΊπŸ’§

Hello P Pals, and welcome to your regularly scheduled Monday! In case anyone is wondering, this thread is happily open to all, come hang out with us any time you like.

Well, here in my corner of Earth, we're right in the middle of the "dog days" of late summer, but in deference to the numerous cats that frequent this thread, I've decided to post a cat meme🐈. Some of the best "melted cat" photos I've seen accompanied coverage of Marc-Antoine Fardin's Ig Nobel award-winning "Are cats liquid?". Maybe cats just melt instead of sweating!

Speaking of liquids, I was happy to wake up in the cooler hours of morning, but upon opening windows for the cool morning air, I've discovered that it is mostly water. Apparently we're going to get ridiculously hot weather for a couple of days, but the sky has decided to make sure we're thoroughly humidified, first. At least my clothes will steam out nicely... Lucky for me it's a recovery day. I worked out yesterday in the heat of the day, and let me tell you, when you're lifting in a room that's 30C, it doesn't take much to work up a sweat πŸ˜…! Strong Day 17 complete πŸ’ͺ!

On to the menu! I took Christine's suggestion and made ratatouille again. I'll have to branch out, try some other recipes, but no more oven use till we get back to highs under 30. I'll be going to the grocery today, so the mango-tomato salad should be a go as well, and maybe tabbouleh. Anything yummy on the menu for you?