HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group August 9th 🐶

Hello Blender friends, and welcome to the beginning of another week. Everyone is welcome here, to read or to post 😊, we look forward to hearing from you!

It's definitely the dog days of summer, the sultry, humid heat is settling in over the city in a way that brooks no resistance. Today I'm awake in the cooler part of the morning, after getting a good night's sleep. That is something I definitely missed that these last few days! And on top of August, we've got a special heat warning for today and tomorrow, which inspires me to share a silly quote today: "If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?" (Steven Wright) Me, I would wave... goodbye 😆! Fortunately, like the puppy in the picture, I have technology to keep cool. And I did a lot of things yesterday to make today easier -- I had to bake bread for the week, so at the same time I used the oven to make another batch of garden ratatouille. The hot sun was also a very efficient clothes dryer. So today, I'll get a few things done in the morning -- grocery shopping comes to mind -- and then settle inside. With a recovery workout on my calendar, it shouldn't be as much of a sweat fest as yesterday's strength session.

And how are all of you? Any special plans to keep cool... or work up a sweat?