Starting over

So. They're still pessimistic about the hand. But I probably get to stop recovery at the clinic beginning of October. And finally go home. I'm still an outpatient, but staying with my parents. My physical therapist has given the green light for home workouts. And we're trying to think of solutions for moves I need 2 hands for. Like push ups. I can't open the left hand. The stretch function just isn't there in the brain. So I can't put my hand flat on the floor. I can grab and hold onto certain things though. So I'm looking at push up bars. I've scheduled the fitnessblender 2 week beginner program, starting today. I'm just going to slowly try to start it up again. Of course I still have fitness at the clinic, but it's different. I really want to do it the fitnessblender way. Thursday I'll get a phone call from the acupuncturist and the week after probably an intake appointment. They say that they can almost always make a positive change with neuro acupuncture. So I'm hoping to gain some more movement with that. Fingers crossed I guess. But for now I'm just going to try to make some adjustments for the workouts. I also need to test if I could hold onto dumbbells properly or I I'd drop them if I try to lift them to my shoulders. Gotta start light and build my way up again and hope the acupuncture can help with the paralysis. If not, I'm out of ideas. At the clinic we're mostly focusing on adjusting things and learning how to live with 1 hand. There can still be improvements up to 3 years after a stroke. But no one can predict what will happen. Bad luck I guess. But for now we're starting over with adjustments.