FB Reach Day 3 + Any Advice?

Hello Blender Peeps!

Today's workout was brutal to say the least. My core was burning (considering I don't have one that is very strong). Despite all that though I did enjoy it and I learned a lot just from this workout.

It was a pilates core day in case anyone was wondering. I'm happy there was progressive difficulty because a some of the harder versions were beyond insanity...at least to me. Man my core is on fire.

Now I AM really proud and thankful to GOD that I have made some progress in the core department. Physical therapy has done me so much good! I've said it a million times and I just can't stop saying it. I'm TRULY still amazed at how much physical therapy has helped. My core is stronger and I was able to do some things I wasn't before. I remember the first time I did "FB Reach" and how much MORE I stuggled with this routine. Now I did a lot more than I could that last time. I was able to do the most advanced versions of swimmers and backbows...things I could not do before. I would always be too tired, too not weak or not have the strength to make it through. I could only go for a few seconds before and now I did everything without stopping. Also, I was able to keep my lower back on the ground for a lot of the exercises which is amazing and extremely important when it comes to core routines.

(Sorry if it seems like I'm bragging or boasting. I'm not trying to. I'm just really happy with the progress I have made.)

Now...what killed me were the Pilates Hundreds. I have never been able to do those and the breathing pattern used to be difficult but I did get the hang of it. I could only stay with the easiest version though. My goal is to be able to do it in a prone table top position (the position where we do Toe Taps in stretching routines with Kelli).

The "Any Advice?" part comes in because I still have kind of an issue. When doing the Pilates hundreds (or any kind of crunch laying on my back) I can keep my lower back on the ground now but the moment I crunch up it feels like my frontal core (I believe is the name) feels like it stick out in a way. It's kind of frustrating because I'm contracting my core as much as I can but it feels like I'm not doing anything when I am. Hopefully that makes sense. So basically I can keep my lower back on the floor but it feels like my core doesn't stay flat when I do any type of crunch on my back (Pilates hundreds, traditional crunches, bicycle crunches, etc.)

Also, now I've been feeling some strain in my neck when I crunch too. Is it because I'm not lifting enough from my core? Is it because I haven't worked out in a long time and my body isn't used to the movements anymore? Obviously, I am a lot weaker than I used to be. I just want to be able to do these things without these issues. I know it'll take time but any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading and have a Blessed day!