Perspiration Pals 4 August 2021

Hello Pals! It’s the last month of summer (winter in the Southern Hemisphere) and I will refrain from using the cliché about how time flies because it doesn’t. Birds and insects do although I still don’t understand how insects manage to do that without actually seeing where they fly. Nearly 480 million years of evolution and they still end up in cyclists mouths. Although truth be told, humans on bikes appeared roughly 200 years ago so let’s cut those insects some slack. I had another encounter with wildlife at the weekend which gave me an idea about today’s question.

As I was cycling through the forest, two deer decided to test my reflexes by jumping right in front of me. Well, only one of them. I braked so hard I had to jump off the saddle but we were all fine. Yes, not a very interesting story but the rush of adrenaline gave me the idea of what my next question should be. So, Pals, can you list at least 3 things adrenaline does to the body?

Let’s talk about exercise a bit. What’s in your calendar? I’m planning to do one of Tasha’s routines at last. I’ve been doing programmes or challenges and I don’t particularly like swapping scheduled routines but now I’m back at work and can’t go for bike rides so it’s time to try the new ones.

Talking about work, I don’t know whether I’ll be able to respond to your replies or not. So think of me as a host(ess) who makes sure you have enough to eat and drink by mingling and listening in to conversations.

Have an easy day, Pals!